Open-plan living is the one home improvement that so many aspire to have and it’s easier to create than you imagine. Seamlessly connecting the different elements of your property leaves you with a bright airy space that can breathe new life into your home. Especially beneficial for homes on the smaller side you can really gain from opening your space to its maximum potential. They are also brilliant at blurring the boundaries between indoor and outside space meaning you are more likely to take full advantage of your garden.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your open-plan living:
- Eye catching furniture or a statement piece of art can spice up the room and give it a focus point
- Furniture can be used to break up the room if you still want to have designated zones
- Strategically placed ceiling and wall lights can help maximise your space
- Gone are the days of the kitchen having tiled flooring with a carpeted lounge. Stone or wooden floors throughout can look very stylish and give continuity to the space. Rugs and runners can add a sense of comfort to the living areas
- Don’t think that you are restricted to downstairs living and dining areas either. If you have a statement or vintage bath that you love why not combine your bedroom and bathroom. A partition wall or carefully positioned furniture can be utilised to add some privacy
- Orangeries are a great way of expanding your space and fit brilliantly with an open plan design
Here’s an example of what we could do for you
This customer wanted a large open-plan space that the whole family could enjoy as well as increasing the view of their garden. We based it around the Loggia kitchen extension and combined this with the lounge, dining room and utility room with oak flooring throughout to create a really homely space. This hybrid of a conservatory and orangery has a glass roof to fill the room with natural light and the bricks we used matched the existing property to create a continuous and smooth exterior.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do
We really listen to what our customers want; this is the most important element when it comes to the planning of any project. That’s why we use a 3D design simulator so you can really visualise what your idea will look like. We find out from you exactly how you use your space and what you would like to change and this turns into a fully realised vision of your home. You can even see a walkthrough video to get the feel of it. Any revisions are easily made and nothing will be started until you are 100% happy with the designs. With no obligation why not enquire and see your design come to life.
Why choose Crystal Living for your home improvement plans?
Crystal Living takes care of all the aspects of your extensions and alterations from electricians and builders to architects and plasterers leaving you with nothing to worry about. We can advise you on all aspects of the project from any planning permission required to what colours will suit your space best and we are always on hand to help with any queries you have. Contact us for a chat today about how we can help with your home improvement plans.